Extended Opportunity Programs & Services (EOPS)
Oceanside, Building 3000: 760.795.6680
The Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) is a state funded program designed to recruit and retain students who are economically, socially, and educationally disadvantaged. EOPS assists students in the development of their potential ability through academic support and financial assistance. EOPS services are designed to give students individualized attention and support to improve their chances for success. For former and current foster youth, EOPS has a new component of specialized services. Resources and Assistance for Former Foster Youth (RAFFY) is designed to help emancipated minors and former foster youth with the transition to college and independent living.
To qualify, students must:
- Be enrolled in 12 units at the time of acceptance to the program (some exceptions are available for DSPS or special vocational programs);
- Be eligible for Board of Governors Fee Waiver method "A" or "B";
- Be a California resident or meet AB540/California Dream Act requirements;
- Be educationally disadvantaged as determined by regulations; and
- Not have completed 70 degree-applicable units.
To apply, visit EOPS at www.miracosta.edu/studentservices/eops or Building OC3000 to request an application.
EOPS works to foster pride and dignity in low-income students, thereby increasing self-esteem and motivation to make education accessible.