Private College/Out-of-State University Transfer

MiraCosta College also has agreements with many private colleges and universities within California and agreements with some out-of-state universities. Most of these universities will accept all courses designated as UC transferable, and many will accept completion of CSU GE-Breadth (Plan B) or IGETC (Plan C) in lieu of their own general education requirements. However, graduation requirements and coursework used to complete a major may vary significantly with requirements at the California State University (CSU) or the University of California (UC) systems. Some private colleges and universities are accepting the Associate Degree for Transfer for specific majors in lieu of major and general education requirements. 

To find out more about U.S. regionally accredited private colleges in California, students should visit For specific information about private and out-of-state universities, students should visit the Transfer Center or the specific college's website or make an appointment with a MiraCosta College counselor. MiraCosta lists agreements with many private California and out-of-state universities on the college's articulation webpage: