Do you enjoy helping people? Do you want to make a difference in people’s lives? The Health Sciences ACP will prepare you for careers and transfer study in the world of health research, medical treatments, nursing, healing practices, athletic training, fitness, and nutrition. Join this ACP and start exploring career opportunities in one of the fastest growing sectors!
- Courses within this ACP will provide a strong foundation for transfer in the fields of medical practice, nursing, nutrition, and physical education.
- The career-track certificate and degree programs will prepare you for careers in registered nursing, athletic training, fitness, yoga teaching, medical assisting, nursing assisting, medical coding, and other health-related fields.
Careers in Health Sciences*
- Registered nurses (RNs), licensed vocational nurses (LVNs), certified nursing assistants (CNAs), public health nurses, and school nurses.
- Medical assistants, medical records technicians, and medical coders.
- Athletic trainers, fitness trainers, yoga teachers, yoga physical therapists, health coaches, and dietitians.
- Physician assistants, health care managers, nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, nurse midwives, physicians, and pharmacists.
*Many of these careers require a bachelor’s degree or higher.
For more career, job outlook, and salary information, visit MiraCosta’s Career Coach tool at miracosta.emsicc.com.